Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew an A Line Skirt with Princess Seams ✄ ✄
Over the 6 hours of this workshop, students will make an A-line skirt and learn about how to read the details on a pattern envelope. Our pattern features princess seams, which enables you to feature a fabric in the centre panel if desired. The skirt is finished with a waistband and closes with an invisible zip, plus one button on the waistband. You will use the overlockers and a one-step buttonhole foot while making this skirt.
Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 65cm to 105cm. If you wish to make a skirt outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop. The skirt photographed above is a wool tartan, great for Winter - but this versatile skirt can be made from almost any woven fabric that has a bit of drape.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, reading pattern envelopes, pattern placement
- Sewing an invisible zip, checking your fit, attaching a waistband, using the one step buttonhole and hemming
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts and using an overlocker
- An A Line skirt made by you!
- Instructions to make the A Line skirt
- A copy of the pattern
- 1 button up to 2.5cm in diameter
- 18cm+ invisible closed end zip
- 20cm light to mid weight fusible interfacing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2m woven mid-weight fabric
✄✄ For students confident enough to tackle a few new techniques
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.