Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew an A Line Skirt with Pockets
In this A Line Skirt Workshop, you will make a gorgeous skirt with POCKETS over 8 hours.
With six pattern pieces, this is a great choice if you have made a really simple garment like our Simple Shift Dress or PJ pants, or are a keen beginner excited to keep working and learning at the pace of our Sewing Basics Course.
This skirt features: princess seams, pockets, a waist band, an invisible zip and button/buttonhole on the waistband. While making the skirt you will learn to use overlockers to finish fabric edges and use interfacing to stabilise and strengthen the waistband. You'll use an invisible zip foot and one step buttonhole foot.
Options: If you are a confident experienced sewing enthusiast and want a challenge, you could cut the skirt's centre front panel from a contrasting fabric that is harder to work with, like satin or brocade.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
What to wear it with: Pair this skirt with the 3/4 sleeve top made in the Sewing with Stretchy Knits Course - click to view.
- Insert an invisible zip
- Attach a waistband, one step buttonhole and hemming
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts and using an overlocker
- An A Line skirt with POCKETS
- Instructions to make the A Line skirt
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 1 button up to 2.5cm in diameter
- 18cm+ invisible closed end zip
- 20cm light to mid weight fusible interfacing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2m woven mid-weight fabric if <140cm wide, or 1.5m if >140cm. For a contrast centre .8m of another woven fabric.
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/