Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sew an A Line Skirt + Princess Seams Pockets ✄ ✄
Over the 8 hours of this workshop, students will make an A-line skirt - now with POCKETS! Our pattern features princess seams, which enables you to feature a fabric in the centre panel if desired and pockets have been added to this design in the side front panels. The skirt is finished with a waistband and closes with an invisible zip, plus one button on the waistband. You will use the overlockers and a one-step buttonhole foot while making this skirt.
Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 65cm to 95cm. If you wish to make a skirt outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop. The skirt photographed above is a wool tartan, great for Winter - but this versatile skirt can be made from almost any woven fabric that has a bit of drape.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Insert an invisible zip
- Attach a waistband, one step buttonhole and hemming
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts and using an overlocker
- An A Line skirt with POCKETS
- Instructions to make the A Line skirt
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 1 button up to 2.5cm in diameter
- 18cm+ invisible closed end zip
- 20cm light to mid weight fusible interfacing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2m woven mid-weight fabric if <140cm wide, or 1.5m if >140cm. For a contrast centre .8m of another woven fabric.
✄✄ For students confident enough to tackle a few new techniques
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.